Dental Implants, the best option to keep your mouth healthy
There are various types of Dental Implants and they can be conical or cylindrical in shape.
A Dental Implant is a procedure that replaces the roots of teeth with metal posts that look like screws and replaces the missing or damaged tooth with an artificial tooth that looks the same and performs the same function as real teeth.
Is a permanent solution to replace a missing tooth or that is absent. Returns function and aesthetics in an excellent and natural way.
There are various types of Dental Implants and They can be conical or cylindrical in shape:
- Conical Dental Implant
- Cylindrical Dental Implant
- Internal Connection Implant
- External Connection Implant
What are dental implants made of?
There are Dental Implants titanium and zirconiumHowever, the former are usually more durable and resistant.
It is worth mentioning that teeth suffer wear and tear throughout the day, which is why it is necessary to use a material that has the necessary durability to withstand intensive use, a quality that titanium implants have and which are also light enough to be comfortable.
Some characteristics to highlight of titanium implants are:
- They do not cause dental sensitivity. Titanium has a low thermal conductivity index, so it does not cause dental sensitivity. The patient will not experience pain or discomfort when ingesting hot or cold foods and liquids.
- They have an optimal osseointegration process. It joins with the bone in the jaws and basically becomes part of the bone. This keeps the implant in place and prevents infection problems for a while.
Meanwhile, of the Zirconium Dental Implants The following features stand out:
- Its color is very similar to natural teeth. Zirconium has a color similar to that of the tooth, so it blends with the rest of the teeth, providing a more natural appearance than titanium and without the risk of gum discoloration.
- Improves corrosion resistance. Not only do they resist corrosion better, zirconia implants accumulate less plaque than titanium implants and are also associated with fewer infections.
Procedure for placement
Placement of Dental Implants It is performed with outpatient surgery and under local anesthesia. To place it, the Periodontist and Implantologist makes a cut to open the gums and expose the bone; Holes are made in the bone using a motor and instruments that help us create space to place the metal bolt or screw of the Dental Implant.
Because the post will serve as the root of the tooth, it is implanted deep into the bone. It should be noted that before this outpatient surgery, diagnostic aids such as laboratory tests and Dental Tomography must be available.
The immediate placement of an Implant is indicated, above all, when the reason for the Dental Extraction is caused by Dental Trauma, agenesis of permanent teeth, Endodontic Lesions without the possibility of retreatment, Fractures due to intraradicular bolts and Root Resorptions.
In general, Implants may be right for you if: you have a jaw that has reached its full growth (as a general rule, the patient must be over 21 in the case of men and 18 in the case of women) and when bone growth has concluded.
What are the problems that Dental Implants correct?
The Dental Implant not only serves to replace a tooth, but one of the main functions is to prevent the bone from being reabsorbed and losing volume (vertically or horizontally).
- They do not sacrifice the dental structure of the adjacent teeth as in the cases of dental bridges that require filing the neighboring teeth to support the Dental Prosthesis
- With titanium implants, a fixed tooth bridge can be supported and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- They allow you to talk and eat with confidence again
- They are secure and offer the freedom of not having to worry about the removable prosthesis moving or falling off. Titanium Implants allow you to say goodbye to worries about poorly fitting, removable dentures full of corega
- It is the most successful dental treatment
- They look and feel like your own natural teeth
- It is the only treatment that prevents bone loss