The slimming infusion with which you will be able to say goodbye to swollen legs
There is no doubt, infusions have been the best allies to improve health and even stop or alleviate different ailments. But in recent years, many of these infusions have also become popular because they are great allies for losing weight and achieving a healthy weight. And, although we know that There are no miracle potions to lose weight.that do not include a balanced diet such as the Spanish Mediterranean diet, or physical exercise, there are some options that can help us in this process.
Specifically, today we are going to talk to you about the benefits of one of these infusions for which you will only need to use two ingredients. A perfect infusion to drink cold and cool down on hot days and it also has a delicious citrus flavor. With it, in addition to helping you lose weight, you can also reduce that annoying feeling of swollen legs that often affects women. Take note.
The slimming infusion to say goodbye to swollen legs
If you still don’t know what type of infusion we are talking about, we tell you that it includes two ingredients: lemon and calendula.
An interesting blend that combines the citrus flavor of lemon with the delicate floral aroma of calendula, both ingredients being known for their very good properties to health.
On the one hand, lemon is a excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help strengthen the immune system and fight free radicals in the body. On the other hand, calendula, also known as “calendula officinalis”is a plant with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which has been used for a long time to relieve digestive problems and skin care.
How calendula and honey infusion can help you lose weight
The infusion of lemon and calendula, although by itself is not a magical solution to lose weight, it can be a beneficial option to combine with a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Among the ways in which this infusion can contribute to the weight loss process we find:
- Low in calories: Lemon and calendula infusion generally does not contain significant calories, as long as no sugar or other sweeteners are added. Drinking water or calorie-free teas instead of sugary drinks can help reduce total caloric intake.
- Helps hydrate you: Staying well hydrated is essential for the proper functioning of the body and can be helpful in controlling appetite. Sometimes thirst is confused with hunger, and drinking enough water or herbal teas can help avoid overeating.
- Enhances the satiating effect: Some people find that lemon may have a mild satiating effect due to its tart flavor, which could help reduce the desire to overeat. However, this effect may vary from person to person.
- Digestive properties: Both lemon and calendula have properties that can help improve digestion. Healthy digestion is important to absorb nutrients properly and maintain a good balance in the body.
- Diuretic properties: Lemon and calendula infusion may have mild diuretic properties that help eliminate fluids. In the case of lemon, it has citric acid that stimulates kidney function, while calendula has been traditionally used as a natural diuretic.
Lemon and calendula infusion, an ally for swollen legs
The feeling of swollen legs is another problem that women often suffer from, either due to hormonal changes, high temperatures, circulatory problems… In any case, lemon and calendula infusion It can help you relieve that feeling in your legs.
And precisely thanks to its mild diuretic properties, it helps increase urine production, facilitating removal of accumulated liquids on the body, including the legs.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, you can also reduce inflammation and swelling in the legs, especially when it is related to fluid retention or circulatory problems. This, together with the compounds that lemon and calendula contain and that also can help improve circulationmakes this infusion a great ally.
How to prepare the lemon and calendula infusion step by step
- Dried or fresh calendula flowers (1-2 tablespoons)
- Lemon slices (1 lemon)
- Water (2 cups)
- Wash the calendula flowers if they are fresh, to remove any dirt. If they are dry, you will not need to wash them.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan or teapot.
- Add the calendula flowers to the boiling water and remove the teapot from the heat.
- Let the flowers infuse in the hot water for about 10-15 minutes. The longer you leave them, the stronger the flavor and benefits of the infusion will be.
- Cut a lemon into thin slices and add the lemon slices to the mixture, stirring gently.
- Pour the infusion into a cup and let it cool slightly before drinking it.
Follow the topics that interest you